question-icon

Experiencing bladder infection with bleeding. Urine test showed blood in urine. What to do?

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013
Question: Thank you I have been experiencing bladder infection with bleeding ... Several doses of antibiotic have been prescribed only to have bladder infractions to return. Urine test show small blood on urine after completions. Of antibiotics. What test should I be looking to take to help with diagnoses
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV (9 minutes later)
Brief Answer: I would suggest urine culture. Detailed Answer: Good Day! I would suggest getting a urine culture to determine the organism and appropriate antibiotics to eradicate your infection. Also imaging modalities like ultrasound and CT scan may also be needed to make sure there are no abnormalities that is making you prone to have UTI. A complete blood count is also needed to check the status of your immune system because you might be immunocompromised thereby making you more prone to UTI. General tips to prevent UTI: Drink plenty of fluids (preferably water), Cranberry juice has been shown to decrease UTI recurrence. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.
Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist