Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please advise
Thanks for the query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist and I would be glad to help you.
I went through your post. Raised SGPT and SGOT enzymes especially SGPT indicates the liver is affected, however in clinical practice it is taken as significant only if it is more than twice the upper limit of normal. Accordingly your SGPT level seems significantly high.
The most common cause of elevated SGPT is fatty liver disease. Hence I would like to have some more information such as:
* Why were these tests done?
* Are you obese? (Your current weight and height?)
* Has any Ultrasound scan done? If so, does it show fatty liver?
* Do you drink alcohol?
* Do you suffer from diabetes?
Atorva belongs to a group of medications called statins which are known to cause an increase in liver enzyme levels. Therefore based on the short history provided, the raised SGPT probably could be either due to fatty liver disease or due to intake of atorva.
If you could provide the details I have asked above, I can give my final opinion.
Awaiting your reply...
My doctor has now told me to have the heptral 400 / udliv 300 / evion/ atorva for a month more . I need to join work for which i have to have the LFT clear by 16 sep 2012 intially it waqs just SGPT 68/ SGOT 34 now its SGPT 107 / SGOT 50 PLS ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO TO GET THESES TESTS NORMAL
Thanks for the additional information you have provided.
As mentioned in my earlier post, the two possible causes for raised SGPT are fatty liver and drug induced liver injury (DILI).
Since you have mentioned that you had fatty liver and it has resolved now, the raised SGPT is unlikely to be due to fatty liver in your case.
Some other causes including Hepatitis B and C infections are also ruled out.
So the most likely cause is drug induced liver injury due to Atorva.
The next step is to stop taking Atorva and repeat the liver function test after 4 weeks. If the enzyme raise is due to atorva, it will return to normal range after you stop the medication and this can be confirmed with the repeat liver function test.
Does that answer your question?
Erythematous antral gastropathy
Which are all asymptomatic as i have no complaints of acidity or bleeding or any other symptoms which he asked me .
When are these diseases likely to surface and what should i do
Does the use of the above drugs like heptral etc elevate Blood glucose Fasting And PP
cause two weeks back the tests were 90 and 100 fasting and pp respectively , however now it is 95 and 146 . pls advice
There are various risk factors for GERD.
Hiatal hernia itself is a risk factor for GERD.
Certain lifestyle/dietary changes are essential to prevent the recurrence of GERD. These include -
1. Avoiding coffee, alcohol, smoking
2. Avoiding citrus, tomatoes, chocolate, fatty and spicy food
3. Weight reduction in obese
4. Avoiding bedtime snacks
5. Going to bed 2-3 hours after food
Avoid painkiller medications as these can cause/ worsen acidity related issues.
Heptral does not elevate blood glucose.
That should answer your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Udiliv 300 for highet sgpt and sgot
- Correlation sgot and sgpt with triglyceride
- Udiliv for high sgpt and sgot values
- High triglycerides sgot sgpt
- Udiliv sgot sgpt in pregnancy
- Elevated triglycerides will elevate sgot sgpt
- Udiliv 150 for sgot sgpt
- Is udiliv helpful in reducing sgpt and sgot
- Role of udiliv in controling sgot sgpt
- Is sgot and sgpt related to triglyceride
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?