ECG done. What does the finding say?

Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: Hiii can you have a look my ECG and tell me if it's ok or if there are any issues with it. Thank you :)
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

The ECG you are having shows almost normal study except for few insignificant changes that is a small variations in T wave amplitude and axis.

There is inverted T wave in the lead V1 and a raised T wave in lead V4. The T wave usually represents the ventricular filling. The changes are almost insignificant and might be result of slight arrythmias like tachycardia or palpitations often experienced in anxiety. However you experience any disturbing symptoms like pain or breathlessness then a visit to cardiologist is recnmmended.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 minutes later
So really there is nothing medically to do at this stage?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 19 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for your response

I don't think so that you require any further intervations except for you can have your potassium levels checked. If there are normal then their is no cardiac abnormality.

THANKS
So from my ecg reading do you see any evidence of long QT syndrome ? Will potassium levels be checked by a blood test?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 13 minutes later
There is no such finding. The QT interval is normal.

The potassium levels are checked by blood test know as serum electrolytes which has a normal value of 3.5 to 5 mmol/dl.