Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Dry scaly spots on skin, different shades of brown, look like dried up pimples. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
i have these dry scaly type spots on my skin i thought was ringworm but looks nothing like ringworm they are different colours of brown and are all over my skin their not perfectly round but they look like dried up pimples please help
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 4 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

I understand your health concern.
But I would like to know few things more here. :
1) How long you have been having this.
2) What is the exact site of these lesions.
3) Does it itch.
4) Did you have fever or sore throat associated with this.
5) Any history of taking medicines just before appearance of these lesion (just to rule out a drug reaction).

I would also like to have a clinical look at the lesion which would help me further answering your question.So if you can up load a picture of the lesion and its distribution over the skin I would appreciate.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.
Please do confirm the sending of the photos by writing here, so that I can reply you back at the earliest.

With the history you have provided it seems to be PITYRIASIS ROSEA .Its a viral condition which can itch at times and has a very specific distribution on body .It appears as scaly small lesions especially over back ,with a mother patch over neck.
This would respond very well to topical steroid.

Perhaps a visit to dermatologist can also confirm the diagnosis.

But if you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor