Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Done blood test. What do I need to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
My blood test report indicated the following:
T3: 208.8
What do I need to do?
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 42 hours later
Your thyroid report is suggestive of thyrotoxicosis. Thyrotoxicosis means excess thyroid hormone levels in the blood. There are two main causes for this problem- Graves' disease and thyroiditis. To differentiate between the two you have to get Tc 99m thyroid scan. I advice you see an endocrinologist after this test.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Done blood test. What do I need to do? 8 minutes later
Thank You Doctor. I will set up an appointment with an endocrinologist
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 19 hours later

Yes, you should go ahead with the appointment.

You may ask me a query at this link in future.

I wish you good health.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor