Does tingling sensation in mid back indicate nerve problems?

Question
hi, I have been having tingling sensations the past few weeks and some numbing sensations in my mid back along my bra line for the past weeks. I shower, and get ready for the day, and I feel a tingling or almost a numbness to my mid back on and off for a couple of hours. It feels a little creepy or crawling and it moves across my back. I was wondering what this may be due to a nerve issue? THANKS!
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, symptoms do indicate a neural issue.

Detailed Answer:

Tingling , numbness and crawling kind of sensation are very much indicative of neural cause.

Commonly such symptoms are due to neuropathy.Cause of neuropathy in this region can be previous infections, nutritional deficiencies, pinched nerve or spinal cord issues.

A clinical examination by neurologist can help confirm this.Doctor will want to get few blood investigations and MRI done as per clinical indications.

Hope this answers your query.Regards.