Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Does tingling sensation in mid back indicate nerve problems?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
hi, I have been having tingling sensations the past few weeks and some numbing sensations in my mid back along my bra line for the past weeks. I shower, and get ready for the day, and I feel a tingling or almost a numbness to my mid back on and off for a couple of hours. It feels a little creepy or crawling and it moves across my back. I was wondering what this may be due to a nerve issue? THANKS!
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, symptoms do indicate a neural issue.

Detailed Answer:

Tingling , numbness and crawling kind of sensation are very much indicative of neural cause.

Commonly such symptoms are due to neuropathy.Cause of neuropathy in this region can be previous infections, nutritional deficiencies, pinched nerve or spinal cord issues.

A clinical examination by neurologist can help confirm this.Doctor will want to get few blood investigations and MRI done as per clinical indications.

Hope this answers your query.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor