Does losartan cause gout?

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
Does losartan cause gout? I took the drug for 2 mos along with other heart medicine and noticed after 2 months I had a terrible swelling and pain in my foot below my big toeMy other medicines included Calcium and Furosemide and Coreg
I have never had pain in this area of my foot. I have had swelling in my ankle. I have been taking Furosemide for about 15 years along with a 10 mg Calcium pill
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get serum uric acid test done

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query carefully and in clinical practice the single most common form of drug induced hyperuricemia is Diuretic(Furosemide) .I would advise you to go for blood test for uric acid. Please come back with the report.
The losartan is not known to cause gout.
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query