Does hypothyroidism cause low hemoglobin and vitamin-D levels?
Anaemia and Vitamin D deficiency is associated with hypothyroidism
Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the question and understand your concerns.
Both anaemia ( low Hb) and vitamin D deficiency is associated with hypothyroidism.
Anaemia: due to nutrient malabsorption, B12 deficiency and decreased erythropoietin (a stimulus for red blood cells) synthesis in hypothyroidism
Vitamin D deficiency: due to poor absorption of vitamin D from intestines
Hope I have answered your questions. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help you.
Dr Ajish TP [MD,DM]
See detailed answer
Vitamin D deficiency is a common problem seen in upto 70% of population. So even if hypothyroidism is corrected, you still can have vitamin d deficiency.
Vitamin D source from food is poor. You need to have proper sun exposure during mid morning hours ( 11am to 3 pm). Taking vitamin D supplementations is an easy alternative.
Dr Ajish TP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low hemoglobin and hypothyroidism
- Low vitamin d cause
- Suffer from low b12 vitamin d hypothyroidism fatty liver treatment
- Low level of vitamin d
- High cholesterol and high triglyceride and low hemoglobin levels during hypothyroidism
- Low vitamin d and low hemoglobin
- Is there any connection between hemoglobin level and hypothyroidism
- Low vitamin d low hemoglobin low hematocrit
- Low ferritin levels and hypothyroid
- Can hypothyroidism cause low sgot and sgpt levels