Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Does hydrocele with blood need surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
i have been diagnosed with blood inside my hydrosil is it serious or can i live with it without operating?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 42 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

First of all I would like to tell you, that the condition from which you are suffering from is Heamocel.

Well,, a hydrocele or a haemocele does not need to be repaired always. It is a harmless sac of water or blood around the testicle.

It has no affect on fertility (your ability to have children), that would be a varicocele which only produces this problem in 20% or fewer of the men that have them (and a lot of men have them).

If it becomes uncomfortable (which most do not) or the hydrocele becomes very large and gets in the way, it should be repaired.

Over the course of many years the hydrocele sac can become adhered to the wall of the scrotum making it harder to remove but not impossible.

Again, this is usually an elective procedure and has nothing to do with being able to father children.

So, just dont worry, consult a general surgeon, if the problem increases, but may a times it resolves completely,

Hope, it will help you, and i am ready for future followups( if any).

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor