Ask a Urologist   »  

Does cold show up as trace leukocytes in urine?

General Surgeon
Question
If you have a cold, could that show up as trace leukocytes in your urine with a UTI test or do trace leukocytes only show up if you have a UTI or Vagina infection?
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
unlikely

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

If you have cold that is unlikely to cause leucocytes in urine.

The cause of leucocytes in urine may be
-UTI
-vaginal infection
-contamination of urine
-contamination of kit

For vaginal infection you may have vaginal discharge foul smelling and itching. For UTI you may have burning sensation or increased frequency of micturition.

I would suggest you to consult your doctor and confirm UTI which is most likely cause of leucocytes in urine and get treated as UTI drugs are prescription drugs.

Hope I have answered your query. If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil