question-icon

Does chronic hepatitis B cause clubbing of fingers?

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: hello I was wondering if chronic active hepatitis b could cause clubbing of fingers my fingers to me seems to be at early stages
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
clubbing?

Detailed Answer:

although a picture is not the best way to assess the fingers, your fingers don't like that! Perhaps you should visit your doctor for a close assessment. If you'd like to upload a close profile photo it could help me to have a better opinion though.

Liver disease may indeed cause clubbing but cirrhosis is the most common disorder (among the liver causes that is) to do so. Hepatitis B may cause cirrhosis in the long term. Clubbing by the hepatitis B itself cannot be excluded although it's not common.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis