Suggest treatment for hepatitis-B

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My Father is caused by hepatitis B positive , Please suggest How to make it negative and lever report is ok
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query my dear patient,
Have gone through your query and i appreciate your concerns.

You have not mentioned the viral load of your father. This helps to differenciate between acute and chronic hepatitis B (that is if you have normal liver enzymes as in his case). The guidelines state that there is no treatment necessary with low viral load (anything <2000), if liver enzymes normal and no evidence of cirrhosis.
However we have to keep in mind that hepatitis B virus is carcinogenic, and increases chances of liver cancer exponentially.

Treatment option include-
Interferon injection given weekly for 8 weeks followed with Tenofovir or Entecavir (antiviral). If i was his doctor i would have started him on interferon doses of 20 iu/ml and would have a watch on him as he become negative in the future (chances are about 1-2% per year).

Your mother should be vaccinated against hepatitis B.
In case you need advice regarding food please revert back.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 44 hours later
Dear Sir,

Viral Load and Latest Liver Test Report has been attached.
Please suggest some medicine to make hepatitis B negative.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
I've reviewed the reports.

Your father is negative for Hepatitis B sir.
Please let me know what made you think that he is positive?

His viral titer is less than 20 that is negative.

Regards!

Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Sir , But in HBsAg(Australia Antigen) that is always positive , please suggest How to make it Negative ??
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Antiviral Tablet TENVIR (TENOFOVIR) 300 mg once daily for 3 months.
This is a prescription medicine.

See the viral load of your father is too low so basically, he is in a chronic carrier phase(In layman's language it means he has no risk in long terms) but to make surface antigen negative antiviral should be given for 3 months.

You can get the prescription from any physician.
Repeat the test after 3 months.

Thanks!
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 9 hours later
ok Sir , will start this tablet , So consume this tablet will make HbsAG( Antigen) after 3 months also confirm Viral load test is also require or not.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Just go for HbsAg.
Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 16 hours later
Thanks Sir , But need to know how we can follow up on the same with you as this communication task will end in 1 or 2 days
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again my dear patient,
you can ask a direct question to me for follow up.I am posting link.
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ramesh-kumar/72660
Regards and hope your father get well soon.
Follow up after a week.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 23 minutes later
Thanks Sir for your kind support
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks!

Detailed Answer:
your welcome my dear.