Suggest treatment for hepatitis-B
Please see detailed answer.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query my dear patient,
Have gone through your query and i appreciate your concerns.
You have not mentioned the viral load of your father. This helps to differenciate between acute and chronic hepatitis B (that is if you have normal liver enzymes as in his case). The guidelines state that there is no treatment necessary with low viral load (anything <2000), if liver enzymes normal and no evidence of cirrhosis.
However we have to keep in mind that hepatitis B virus is carcinogenic, and increases chances of liver cancer exponentially.
Treatment option include-
Interferon injection given weekly for 8 weeks followed with Tenofovir or Entecavir (antiviral). If i was his doctor i would have started him on interferon doses of 20 iu/ml and would have a watch on him as he become negative in the future (chances are about 1-2% per year).
Your mother should be vaccinated against hepatitis B.
In case you need advice regarding food please revert back.
Viral Load and Latest Liver Test Report has been attached.
Please suggest some medicine to make hepatitis B negative.
Antiviral Tablet TENVIR (TENOFOVIR) 300 mg once daily for 3 months.
This is a prescription medicine.
See the viral load of your father is too low so basically, he is in a chronic carrier phase(In layman's language it means he has no risk in long terms) but to make surface antigen negative antiviral should be given for 3 months.
You can get the prescription from any physician.
Repeat the test after 3 months.
Just go for HbsAg.
Follow up answer.
Hello again my dear patient,
you can ask a direct question to me for follow up.I am posting link.
Regards and hope your father get well soon.
Follow up after a week.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the treatments for hepatitis b
- Treatment and cure for hepatitis b
- Hepatitis b reactive treatment
- Hepatitis b treatment
- Treatment for hepatitis b carriers
- Chronic hepatitis b treatment
- Herbalife treatment hepatitis b
- Suggest treatment for chronic hepatitis b
- Hepatitis b exposure treatment
- Hepatitis b positive treatment
- What causes chronic pain after several abdominal surgeries?
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- How do belly bands function when inserted through the mouth?
- What causes burning sensation in the stomach along with vomiting?
- What does an SGPT value of 133 and alkaline phosphate of 103 indicate?
- Are stomachache, heartburn, nausea, flatulence and frequent bowel...
- What do yellow-colored stools indicate?
- Suggest treatment for upper chest pain
- Can Lotrel capsule be open and consume the powder?
- What causes persistent hiccups?