What are the side effects of chemotherapy?
Yesterday my Oncologist asked me if I had tried the Gabapentin to control the Neuropathy and joint pain. I responded that I had but with regard to the Thymus surgery. She suggested trying it to control the chemo side effects. neglected to ask if she meant instead of or in addition to the OXY. The Oxy I only take as needed.
Can be used together.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com. I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.
Yes, both the drugs can be used together, however, its just that the combination may cause excessive sleepiness or mental confusion.If you get such symptoms, report the same to your treating doctor so that he can put you on alternative medicines.
Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of cytarabine chemotherapy
- Side effects of alimta chemotherapy
- Lasting side effects of chemotherapy
- Side effects of hydroxyurea chemotherapy
- Chemotherapy side effects chart
- Side effects of herceptin chemotherapy
- Side effects of paclitaxel chemotherapy
- Side effects of intrathecal chemotherapy
- Late side effects of chemotherapy
- Chemotherapy side effects
- Is frequent headache a sign of multiple sclerosis?
- Suggest ways to use Scopolamine patch
- Suggest treatment for fever while having Parkinson's disease
- Suggest treatment for severe spasms and pain in the back and neck
- What causes dizziness and tingling sensation in the body while treating...
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in the fingers?
- What does the brain CT scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the finger post an injury
- What causes sudden weakness on left side of the body?
- Are surgical corrections available for persistent muscle pain in scrotal...