Does Progynova and Duphaston post IUI help in getting pregnant?

Dr. Madhuri N Bagde

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: Im trying to get pregnant and done all the Fertility check, my hormone,fallopian tube and my hubby sperm all in good condition except I have 2cm endometriosis at my right ovary which cause me very painful period.My height is 165cm and weight 42kg (underweight). Recently my doctor suggest me to undergone IUI procedure so she gave me clomide 50mg during my period for 5 days then inj. Ovidrel 2 days before IUI after IUI my doctor prescribed me with Progynova 2mg and Duphaston 10mg. Did this procedure can help me to get pregnant?any advise for me?
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I understand your issue well.

The only issue that is there in your case seems to be endometriomas.

I am not sure about the ovulation status. Most of the time endometriomas cause problems in ovulation. So please inform if ovulation study has been done. Also there may be associated endometriosis elsewhere in the abdomen and it may cause tubal adhesions and lead to problems with the ovum coming into the tube.

If there are ovulatory problems then IUI may help as it will help track ovulation and then semen insertion. If an IUI was done then ovulation study must have been done and ovulation must be there. If there are tubal adhesions due to endometriosis [ seen well only on laproscopy], IUI may not help.

For similar women in my clinic I prefer a laproscopy and excision of the endometriotic cysts as well as any other implants in the pelvis as it improves chances of getting pregnant.

So just wait and see how this cycle spans. If there is a pregnancy then nothing needs to be done. If it fails then discuss further options with your treating infertility specialist.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist