Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Does Progynova and Duphaston post IUI help in getting pregnant?

Mar 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1390 Questions
Im trying to get pregnant and done all the Fertility check, my hormone,fallopian tube and my hubby sperm all in good condition except I have 2cm endometriosis at my right ovary which cause me very painful period.My height is 165cm and weight 42kg (underweight). Recently my doctor suggest me to undergone IUI procedure so she gave me clomide 50mg during my period for 5 days then inj. Ovidrel 2 days before IUI after IUI my doctor prescribed me with Progynova 2mg and Duphaston 10mg. Did this procedure can help me to get pregnant?any advise for me?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I understand your issue well.

The only issue that is there in your case seems to be endometriomas.

I am not sure about the ovulation status. Most of the time endometriomas cause problems in ovulation. So please inform if ovulation study has been done. Also there may be associated endometriosis elsewhere in the abdomen and it may cause tubal adhesions and lead to problems with the ovum coming into the tube.

If there are ovulatory problems then IUI may help as it will help track ovulation and then semen insertion. If an IUI was done then ovulation study must have been done and ovulation must be there. If there are tubal adhesions due to endometriosis [ seen well only on laproscopy], IUI may not help.

For similar women in my clinic I prefer a laproscopy and excision of the endometriotic cysts as well as any other implants in the pelvis as it improves chances of getting pregnant.

So just wait and see how this cycle spans. If there is a pregnancy then nothing needs to be done. If it fails then discuss further options with your treating infertility specialist.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor