question-icon

What Does Foot Pain Indicate In An Underweight Child?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: My son is 5 year old and frequently complains about pain in the foot. He was born underweight and now has average Vitamin D.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Further details needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to click an image of the exact location with a finger pointing to the location of the pain. The pain could be due to growing pain. I would be able to confirm after having a look. Giving paracetamol or acetaminophen when needed should help in alleviating the pain. I would also insist you to mention the body weight so that I can suggest the dose. It might also be advisable to go for a vitamin D and calcium supplementation.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician