Does Misoprostol effectively prepone periods?

Question
My chemist guided me to take misoprostol 200 MCG tablets for preponing periods. I took 1 tablet after breakfast n 2 tablets after lunch and 1 in the night. I waited for two days but I still I. Didn't get my periods. I m totally confused.i have function in the next week I have to get my periods now or else it will be a problem .so please suggest me
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not used for it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Mesoprostol is usually used for abortion and dilatation of cervix during pregnancy.
It is not used for prepone menses.
Primolut n used for prepone menses.
So you should wait and watch for it.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Does Misoprostol effectively prepone periods? 31 minutes later
I was misguided but now I should have my periods within two days . So can you please guide me what to do to get periods now

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can try for postpone of menses.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
As you took mesoprostol than your menses become unpredictable but you can go for postponement of your menses with the help of primolut n.
It is a prescription drug so you have to take prescription from your treating doctor for the same.
Hope found useful.
Good luck