Does Lorazepam interact with Sinemet?

Posted on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: my husband takes sinemet for parkinsons and had an anxiety attack on Tuesday. They gave him lorazepam. I'm worried about interaction between the two. This all first started with a sore throat and aches and joint pain almost two weeks ago.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no significant interaction between the two drugs.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

First of all, I would like to assure you that there is no serious interactions between sinemet and lorazepam.

In some cases, lorazepam may reduce the efficacy of sinemet, causing a worsening of parkinson's symptoms. If that happens, either the lorazepam should be stopped, or the dose of sinemet may need to be increased.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist