Does Gardasil help cure cervical cancer?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi iam XXXXXXX , 32 years old . I would like to know the details about gerdasil vaccine for precention of cervical cancer . Is it becessary to take that vaccine and is there any other vaccines for women for prevention of diseases . Thanks ,
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cervical cancer vaccine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
CERVICAL CANCER VACCINE are generally of two brands names GARDASIL ( quadrivalent ) and CERVCARIX ( bivalent).Both prevent against the most likely HPV strains causing cervical cancer namely HPV-16 and HPV-18 which account for about 70% of all cervical cancers.
HPV-6 and -11 cause about 90% of genital warts.
Gradualism offers protection against all 4 strains and hence better in efficacy for sexually active women. This is advised from age group of 9 -45 years of age and should be administered in 3 doses to prevent susceptibility to cervical cancer in future. The success rates of gardasil in 10 years studies have been better.
regards