Diagnosed with a compressed nerve and having watery discharge from anus. Related?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I have a watery discharge from my anus, and have recently been diagnosed with a compressed nerve between L3and l4 from a bulging disc could these be related ?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 49 minutes later
Hi, welcome.

Watery discharge is just a local skin problem like a sinus or fistula. It is not related to lumbar plexus of nerve. The region around anus is supplied by parasympathetic plexus of nerves, arising from S1-S3.

Your lower back pain and leg numbness is probably due to L3-L4 disc bulge, no doubt about that.

These two things are not related to each other at all. For anus discharge, please consult a board
certified surgeon and get examined properly, so that superficial skin infection can be avoided.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E