Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

183 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Diagnosed with a compressed nerve and having watery discharge from anus. Related?

Answered by
Dr. Ganesh Sanap


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 561 Questions

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I have a watery discharge from my anus, and have recently been diagnosed with a compressed nerve between L3and l4 from a bulging disc could these be related ?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 49 minutes later
Hi, welcome.

Watery discharge is just a local skin problem like a sinus or fistula. It is not related to lumbar plexus of nerve. The region around anus is supplied by parasympathetic plexus of nerves, arising from S1-S3.

Your lower back pain and leg numbness is probably due to L3-L4 disc bulge, no doubt about that.

These two things are not related to each other at all. For anus discharge, please consult a board
certified surgeon and get examined properly, so that superficial skin infection can be avoided.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Skin infection

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am having skin infection on neck, eyebrow and ares near the eyes from last 6 months. I was prescribed Nuforce Cream, arythromycin tablets and tricot tablets. Infection decrease when i take medicine but it increases when I stop using them. Please help, its is very irritating.

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and is not going away...I had read somewhere in the webmd website that facial rashes are the first sign...

doctor1 MD

A month ago I had surgery for an anal fissure. That surgery was successful. Unfortunately, I developed an abscess whee the doctor used numbing medication. The location is just outside the anus. The doctor, a colorectal surgeon, drained the abscess 2 days ago and inserted a drain tube. He said the abscess was about the diameter of a golf ball. However, he did not comment on the red swelling sensitive skin about 5 inches away from the abscess. The original abscess appears to be filling back up but not draining despite many sitz baths. I also did not get an antibiotic for what I believe is a skin infection in the outlying areas. Due to the back and forth visits trying to have this resolved, I am loosing confidence in him. I want to get a second opinion but don't know what type of doctor is best to see for an abscess. Any guidance is appreciated.

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir,

AM a black and I had a skin infection on my scrotum and it is discoloured.

I had been to the the hospital on some occasions and I was adviced to use antifungal helped but now, the colour of my scrotum is pale and the infectin is getting to my penis too

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing some tingling , slight swelling and tender to the touch on the right side of my face it began about a week ago along the upper side of the cheek bone and has since moved lower into my jaw and also up on the side of my head above...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I had/have a rash or something after a skin infection on left forearm. Er Doc said it Might allergy to the antibiotics. I got the rash 3 days after taking Keflex for 10 days. The rash got bigger for almost a week before it flattened out and...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, in the beginning i had a dry patch behind my lower leg, as i am prone to having very dry patches of skin around my legs and arms. However after having the dry patch behind my lower leg I began to scratch it while i would sleep, however it started leaking fluid and spread to my arms where i had the dry patches but the patches on my arm would form yellow crusts. So i went to my doctor and prescribed me with flucloxacillin antibiotics for a week and diagnosed me with skin infection. However, after one week the rashes did not go away and the doctor diagnosed me with impetigo and gave me flucloxacillin for two weeks. I only finished my given course of two weeks yesterday but it has not had any effect but rather spread the infection as it has formed tiny rashes around the wound where i have scratched it as it gets very itchy. I have been suffering with this for more than two months now and really want to get rid of it and would not want to be given another useless medicine. I also did a blood test and it came out healthy.