Diagnosed with Leucorrhoea. Suggest treatment

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Hi ! My wife got the problem of leucorrhoea can u recommend me any treatment for that and if you need and medical test i can provide you.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query. Leucorrhoea is actually not a medical terminology , not scientific, I mean. It is generally used to indicate excessive amount of white vaginal discharge. Please understand that some amount of vaginal discharge is normal in every woman. This discharge varies in quantity and colour and consistency throughout the menstrual cycle. Just before the menstrual cycle , the discharge is thick, excessive, and during the middle of the cycle, it is clear and watery. The discharge needs to be treated only if - it is having foul odour - there is itching - there is pain - burning micturition etc. If none of this is present, then do not worry, and no treatment is required. If any abnormal feature is present, then a gynecological examination is required to confirm the type of infection and then treat it. Take care. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
it is having foul odour and itching
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Presence of foul odour and itching indicates a vaginal infection. Do not take any medication on your own without consulting a doctor. Please visit a gynecologist, and have XXXXXXX check up ( per vaginum and per speculum ) to confirm type of infection. Vaginal swab should be taken to confirm type of infection ( can be fungal, parasitic or bacterial ). Based on the organism present, treatment should be started. Clean yourself thoroughly with plain lukewarm water after using the toilet and after intercourse. Do not use medicated soaps / cleansers / tissues / douches. Do not rub , itch or scrub vigorously. Get blood sugars tested. Wear cotton non allergic undergarments. Use local neosporin powder for keeping the private parts dry. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
what you mean neosporin Powder .. ?
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: It is a locally acting antibiotic powder to keep the genital area clean and dry and free of infection. It can be used for dusting private parts instead of ordinary talcum powder.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
this powder is not available in our country i think can u advise any other?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer: EASILY AVAILABLE Detailed Answer: It is easily available throughout the world at any chemist's place. Please check it out. If not, you can easily order it online through various websites. Take care.