What causes reddish and itchy lesions in vagina?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Some red rush on the inner labia along with some bumps. Having the feeling of interval itching and pain if touched. Having this symptom for about a week but it is getting worse in apperence of more blisters. What should I do? Does any medicine would help ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be vaginitis or herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the attached images. There are many causes of such lesions like-
1. Rough intercourse
2. Vaginitis either fungal or trichomonial
3. Herpes lesion
You need to consult a gynecologist for exact diagnosis and treatment.
For the time being, please use ice packs, soothing gels like aloe vera and if itching is a problem, you can use Vagisilanti itch cream
Also avoid abrasion and friction, excessive washing or rubbing of the affected area.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
I am taking the birth control pills which is for 28days. Does the control pills do anything to my symptom? I missed symptom that I have yellowish leukorrhea without strange or pungent odor. Is herpes curable? Is herpes a serious STD? I had sextual intercourse with my partner, is he involved in infection?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Birth control pills do not affect it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The birth control pills do not affect the lesion that you have. The yellowish leukorrhea is suggestive of vaginal infection. Herpes is curable. It is not very serious but needs treatment. If it is herpes then your partner is also likely to be infected.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.