Diabetic. BP reading is high even with medication. Feeling tired. Suggest measures to be taken to prevent high BP?
These measure were taken with in 10 minutes of the other.
He has been more tired than usual the last 3 days or so.
Hypertensive Crisis. Need immediate treatment.
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
It is a hypertensive crisis.
Because couple of blood pressure readings are very high ( > 180 mm hg of systolic pressure.
He is at risk of organ damage.
Following are the usual symptoms of organ damage and their consequences.
1.Chest pain - Heart attack or angina
2.Shortness of breath- Heart attack, angina or Pulmonary edema
3. Back pain - Aortic dissection
4. Numbness/weakness - Stroke
5. Change in vision - Stroke
6. Difficulty in speaking - Stroke.
Please move to emergency department immediately.
He require immediate evaluation, because early evaluation of organ function and blood pressure elevations at these levels is critical to determine the appropriate management.
He may require readjustment of anti hypertensives and/or additional dosing of anti hypertensives.
Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Question about high bp medication
- Diet and medication for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp and gastritis
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Can symbicort be taken with high bp medications
- Need medication for high bp
- What medication is suggested for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- Diet for prevention of high bp