Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Developed itchy cluster, painful rashes on butt cheek and have swollen lymph node. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
Hi. I developed a small cluster of itchy and painful rashes on my butt cheek after spending a few days in hospital after my c. section, last year. Since then it comes and goes after I use tetmosol antiseptic soap on it. Now it has come up and I am 13 weeks pregnant. I now have a swollen lymph node in my upper thigh of the same leg. I don't what it is and hope it doesn't harm the baby.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
During pregnancy, a woman can develop so many new symptoms that sometimes it’s hard to determine what is normal and what's not.
But enlarged lymph nodes are not a typical normal occurrence during pregnancy. Lymph nodes enlarge when the immune cells within them become activated and begin fighting a foreign entity such as an infection. This is not to say that your particular symptoms are not a part of your pregnancy symptoms, but since they are also a symptom of infection, you should consider the second one first.

The infection may be due to the rashes you have on your butt or any other part of the body. Get examined by your doctor soon so that the cause of the enlarge lymph node can be investigated and accordingly get started with treatment. Please feel free to see your gynecologist and get checked out.

Apply some antibacterial ointment to the rashes and try to keep them clean and dry as much as possible. Take an opinion from a dermatologist to stop reoccurrence. But as per your pregnancy is concern you have to first get treated for enlarged lymph nodes if it is not due to infected rashes.
Hope you got your answer. Write back if you have any further query.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor