Child on meftal-p for fever. Red rashes appeared all over face and neck. Side effects?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: My daughter 1.5 year old has red coloured rashes all over her face and neck. she is taken 2 doses of Meftal-P syrup for high fever.....is the rashes due to the medicine....?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The rash your child has is one of the symptoms of a viral flu.

In most of the viral infections the rash starts after the fever subsides, may spread to the whole body or peak for a couple of days and then gradually subside on its own in few days to a week.

The rash might be associated with itching and may respond to antihistamine drugs like cetrizine or hydroxyzine.
The generalized rash is not likely to be due to a reaction to the syrup Meftal-P.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.