Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Child has boil in scrotum. Is Fucidin cream suitable?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 115 Questions
My child is 2 years old and has boil in scrotum, I am using fucidin cream? is that suitable?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 51 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Preferable using as an antiseptic Povidone Iodine solution and bacitracin, neomycin, polymyxin ) plus sterile gauze and microporous tape . Check carefully the boil , if there signs of inflammation ( redness, swelling, pain, itching, ) and pus , then it must be drained. Depend of dimension, if it is small , like pimple you can do yourself , if it is big like abscess then you have to consult the Doctor for properly drainage and possible oral antibiotics.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor