Suggest remedy for foreskin abrasion

Hi Dr Grief,
I have a foreskin abrasion due to zipper and its been 1 week of treating with hydrogen peroxide and triple antibiotic ointment that is over the counter. It is very slowly getting better. Is there a better solution? I presently making a Dr appointment.

Thank you,
Frank
Fri, 9 Nov 2018

You can use Bacitracin or Lotrimin ointment locally.

If it is taking time to heal you should get examined by the PCP, you may need oral antibiotics. However, you can take co-trimoxazole (Bactrim DS) orally for better healing after consultation with the PCP.

If the infection spreads it may lead to Balanitis, get treated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response

Abrasions are usually treated with ointments. It is good that you are consulting a doctor. The doctor will advise you after inspecting it.

Dr. K. V. Anand,
Psychologist