Suggest remedies for genital herpes

Jan 2014

Is this a hsv2 outbreak, or friction blister? Outbreak free since initial in 2010. Was rough on clitoral hood. Itchy yesterday, painful today. Have photo
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Genital Herpes

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you for writing to us.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern. and I have viewed the image.
I can see multiple, well defined, small, round to oval, erosions/ breaks in the genital mucosa. The erosions have a yellowish floor.
This does seem like an outbreak of Genital Herpes with bacterial superinfection.
I suggest a course of an oral antiviral e.g either Valacyclovir or Acyclovir for 5 days. Topically you may use an antibacterial ointment e.g either Mupirocin or a triple antibiotic ointment e.g Neosporin, twice daily.

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for genital herpes 3 hours later
This is a prescription only medication in australia. Can you help me with this? Or do i have to pay for a visit with a GP?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antivirals are prescription based only

Detailed Answer:

Yes, It is a prescription based medication. I wish I could, but this being an online medical forum, I can only suggest you. You need to request a prescription from your GP.