Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Child feeling sick and vomited after eating. Could this be some sort of allergy or intolerance?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
My grandson is 5 years old. Twice in last 6 months, he's been sick (liquid - has kept solid food down) - seems fine in himself. He had this Friday. Was fine Saturday, ate toast for breakfast (kept down), then had ice lolly, which he vomited. Fine for rest of day. This morning he had two poohs, which looked like undigested food.

Could this be some sort of allergy or intolerance?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 15 minutes later

From your description sounds to me like indigestion rather than intolerance or allergy. If it where either you would have noticed the same kind of food (s) causing discomfort and other signs such as abdominal discomfort or pain, more or less diarrhea/constipation, vomiting each time he ate the same brand of food.
He might be having indigestion due to malabsorption or poor chewing/swallowing habits ones a while.
In order to determine tolerance as the cause, you will need to start giving ones a while the same type of food,then observe his reaction if any vomiting or diarrhea or abdominal pains after eating those. If it happens each time, then you can say he is intolerant to that food brand.
If the problem persist, I think seeking a pediatrician's assistance will be highly recommended.
Wish you the best to you and your grandson.
Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor