Can you suggest a good treatment for Zuska's disease ?
Thanks for the query.
Zuskas disease needs breast surgery with removal of fistulas and retroareolar tissue and ducts completely so that recurrent fistula formation stops. I need to know what kind of surgery was performed?
Regarding the disease, it is notorious for its recurrence unless whole of the retro areolar breast tissue is removed completely. After the surgery you will not be able to breast feed your baby from the operated side in case you plan for any babies in future. Being overweight also poses a problem in complete removal of the affected tissue.
Regarding a specialist in this field, a good breast surgeon would help you.
To find a good specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Thanks for writing again.
Removal of nipples is not essential but the surgeon after examination is the best person to decide which tissue can be saved during the surgery.
In my opinion the problem is with the disease itself. It is notorious for recurrence unless whole of the tissue underlying the areola and the ducts are removed. It is difficult to identify all the ducts in one go during the surgery with so much blood all over.
Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you an early recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can you suggest a good treatment for zuskas disease
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Is colofac a good treatment for ibs
- Suggest good medicine for acne and spot treatment
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Please suggest me a good treatment for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Treatment for good pastures disease
- Suggest good treatment for hair fall
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...