What causes fatigue while on Synthroid and Adderall?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: azy and general I have been extremely tired not knowing why I am on 75 micrograms of Synthroid for my thyroid and Adderall for my concentration and lack of energy 25 mg of Adderall each day extended release but it does nothing at all unless I take two which I know I should not I have to talk to my psychiatrist and we're not sure what to do about it or why I'm so tiredl
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Adderall is not supposed to be used to promote wakefulness. You first need to understand what the diagnosis is for your fatigue. It could be your Synthroid dose is too low. Or it could be another reason, such as sleep apnea. You need to undergo a sleep study, a diagnostic test which should tell why you are tired. After that time you can be treated appropriately.

Dr. Sheppe
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng