Can the intake of Cytotec lead to abortion?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: hi dok its been 34 ours since i drink the cytotec,im not pregnant ,bec,of scared, i drink that,today at 10 am i will have my blood and urine test it will be detected?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be detected if you ovulated 10 days ago.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Cytotec alone does not cause an abortion. If you ovulated and conceived more than 10 days ago then pregnancy will be detected on a blood test and a urine test.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy