Can testosterone injections effectively treat chronic fatigue and depression?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Mental Health
Question: I suffer from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and panic attacks. Currently I am taking onlu Xanax 0.25 but I was perscribed and took,cymbalta, Lyrica and norco for over 10 years. These medications helped with the pain but not the depression or chronic fatigue. My doctor moved and the current doctor who is a D.O. won' t perscribe anything bur xanax due to the new rules set by DEA. I have never a used my medication and have records from prior doctors and pharmacists to verify. My D.O. recommends an injection of testosterone which is not approved by FIA ND not covered by insurance. Any advice would be the helpful.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I do not think there is role of testosterone injection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I do not think there is any role of testosterone injection in fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue. The SNRI ( cymbalta) have some role but if it was ineffective I think option of TCA should be explored.

In my experience TCA have slightly better efficacy in pain as well as fatigue.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.