Can plan B cause irregular menstrual cycles?

Dr. Phanindra Dulipala

Diabetologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Women's Health
Question: can plan b mess up my cycle
Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 3 minutes later
Hi, some times a week earlier or later. But not always

Follow up: Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 55 minutes later
so even though plan b will mess with cycle how long of a delay usually happens due to the medication in the pill ? due for mensuration this week how long should I wait until thinking that plan b failed. it was taken just to be safe due to the fact that I just started birth control in the last 2 months.
Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Failure of plan B taken in time is nil.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mam, I had gone through your query and understood your concern.

You need not worry at all. Plan B is highly effective. In your case who is already under oral pills, The chance of pregnancy is zero, absolutely zero.

When it comes to your period, you need not worry even if you miss the period for a month also.There will also be changes in bleeding amount. More than a month would be a little concerning. At that point, some hormonal imbalance may need evaluation. For now, you can keep absolutely cool.

Hope this guides you.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj