What is the effectiveness of Depo-Provera?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Why is depo shot not effective after abortion? I thought it cant be reverse while the 12 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is effective after abortion.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Depo shot remains effective even after abortion. The efficacy can decrease due to irregular timing of ovulation. But you should be regular in taking the shot. The action cant be reversed once the shot is given. You can start with oral pills in addition to it for the contraceptive action.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T