• question-icon

Can herpes or STD be contracted through non-penetrative sexual intercourse?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello

Can I get herpes or STD by hand job. As I know herpes is skin to skin contact. Can u explain me plz
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Infection with the herpes simplex virus, commonly known as herpes, can be due to either herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) or herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 is mainly transmitted by oral to oral contact to cause infection in or around the mouth (oral herpes). HSV-2 is almost exclusively sexually transmitted, causing infection in the genital or anal area (genital herpes). However, HSV-1 can also be transmitted to the genital area through oral-genital contact to cause genital herpes.
Other STDs are also transmitted by direct contact with reproductive organs only, hence there is no way one can get infected by hand job. As explained above even herpes is transmitted through secretions of reproductive organs, and not through skin to skin contact as presumed by you.
I hope this helps you
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you very much sir. Now am feeling relif
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
welcome.

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your feedback. you are welcome.
kindly close the thread and if possible, rate the answer for me.

Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 7 minutes later
sir further testing is required. what if the girl giving hand job is infected with herpes or other STD . If she had a herpes on her hands it is possible
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
further testing not required

Detailed Answer:
No further testing is not required, as I told you earlier, that girl can't transmit herpes or any other STD by hand job, even if she had those diseases. so don't worry, move ahead in life. wishing you good health.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY
Dr. Naveen Kumar