• question-icon

Can fibromyalgia be completely cured?

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What is the best way to handle flare-ups with fibromyalgia when my daughter doesn't believe I have anything wrong with me?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
exercises, meditation, physotherapy

Detailed Answer:
Fibromyalgia can not be totally cured, you can only minimise symptoms by taking various medications. You can take amitryptiline and duloxetin or you can start Lyrica (pregabalin) after consulting your treating doctor.

Exercises and stretches plays important role in maintaining symptoms of fibromyalgia.

Physiotherapy like ultrasound and tens will help, along with knee exercises.

A holistic approach is required, which includes exercises, meditation, SKY [sudarshan XXXXXXX yoga] and acupuncture along with healthy diet and herbs.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon