Can extra strength nicotine patch cause swollen lymph nodes?
I put on a stronger-than-usual 11 mg nicotine patch right before this occurred today. I have since drunk a lot of water.
Can the nicotine patch, plus vaping with an juice containing 18% nicotine, be the cause?
Nicotine patch may be the cause
yes, the nicotine patch may cause this. However if this does not get better within a week or if other symptoms occur, an infection should be ruled out by examination through your local gp.
In your response, please know that while I have a better-than-average knowledge of how our bodies work, I might not understand all the medical words and terminology. I can look up some, but not too many, medical words and terminology.
Effect on biochmical base not known yet
Nicotine has a lot of different effects in the human body. How exactly it can have an effect on the lymph nodes and why is not quite understood yet in research. 11mg is not excessive, but in the long run it will have numerous damaging effects on your body.
Probably the swelling will get better. If not: other above mentioned possibilities need to get ruled out.
Lots of different effects on different organs
nicotine harms every organ of the body. It affects lungs, heart, kidneys, digestive system, liver, eyes and many other vital organs in the body.
Nicotine furthermore causes elevation of mood. This is the principal reason for nicotine causing addiction.
The nicotine also reaches the brain via blood. This leads to numerous chemical reactions in the brain and causes feeling of high. It lasts for a short span. Once the nicotine level declines, there is no longer the high-feeling. To have a similar feeling again, the smoker has to smoke again, thus it causes addiction.
Hope this gives you an overview,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nicotine gum and swollen lymph nodes
- Nicotine cause swollen lymph nodes
- Can nicotine patch cause swollen lymph nodes
- Will costochondritis cause swollen lymph nodes
- Can nicotine gum cause swollen lymph nodes
- Causes swollen lymph node groin
- Implanon causing swollen lymph nodes
- Swollen lymph node from nicotine
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck
- Causes of swollen lymph nodes
- What are the symptoms of staph infection?
- Could neuritis possibly be mistaken for fibromyalgia?
- What causes intermittent chest pain and discomfort in right shoulder?
- What causes dizziness, nausea and neck pain when diagnosed with atrial...
- Suggest remedy for night sweats and tiredness with kidney functioning at...
- Suggest dosage of Sinethicone for a child
- Suggest treatment for lump near anus
- Suggest treatment for muscle tightness and pain in legs
- Suggest treatment for kidney damage in an elderly person
- What causes upper abdominal hernia, lower back pain, mild fever and chills?