Can chronic epididymis lead to chronic orchialgia?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: Is chronic epidytimitis the help cause to chronic orchialgia? And what causes the pain from one Testicle to start Making the other testicle have pain its call bilateral right?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As detailed...

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.

To recapitulate: Your are young man of 32, having chronic epididymis. This can lead to chronic orchalgia.

The epididymis being extension of the testis, the infection is usually combined and is called epididymo-orchitis and orchalgia is a loose term to explain the pain related to the both the structures.

Bilateral means both sides. Unilateral means one side.
Since both the sides are connected by means of vas deferens to the prostate and thus the urinary system, the infection in the urinary tract and prostate when your problems started in past or recently can travel to one or either or both sides and can cause pain in one or both sides.

Since you have done ultrasonography and color doppler few times, repeat one more ultrasonography along with color doppler examination. This should be done for the whole urinary system and the genital system to get a focus of infection.
FNAC of the chronic epididymis sometimes can give the reason of infection.
Color doppler study helps to see for the blood supply and venous structure to see for varicocele.

If this is not conclusive, MRI study of the whole scrotum along with the whole urinary tract meaning the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, prostate, seminal vesicles the vas, epididymes and testes should be done.

Repeated cultures of the urine may be needed including the anerobic one.

Clinical evaluation and examination of the abdomen and scrotum, per-rectal digital examination of the prostate and seminal vesicles gives the information that no other tests can give.

I hope this answer helsp you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 59 minutes later
so are they 2 different disabilities?
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
No, They are not , this are two parts of the same problem as discussed above.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
do either of them lower your testosterone?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not in usual circumstances

Detailed Answer:
Usually it does not lower testosterone unless the testis go into atrophy.
The commonest cause of such orchitis that lower testosterone is mumps infection in childhood and not related to the infective one that the adults get.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 47 minutes later
what Herbal supplements or any supplements can I take that would help inflammation or anything?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
So sorry.

Detailed Answer:
Oh, so sorry.
As an Allopath, I really do not know of such preparations that are effective in inflammation, you please please ask a person practicing Ayurvedya.

Taking plenty of oral fluids and giving scrotum proper support helps a lot.