Can Anxiety Occur More Frequently And Easily If Left Untreated?
Yes the statements at the websites are true
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
First of alll I like to make it clear that information provided at anxiety websaite is completely true and as a psychiatrist we are aware of this phenomenon. Regarding the pulmonologist statment it is again true as anxiety is not only psychological disorder it has body reactions whhich can be anything from simple reaction to serious infklamation.
When it comes to treatm we have two alternative options. Of these one is psychotherapy while the other isa medications. In additiojn life style changes can help you to a great extent in management ofg anxiety.
I am writing down few of the strategies that will help you in management of stress leading to reduction of your anxiety.
1. Diet: Ensure intake of adequate quantity of fiber. 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fruits( One preferable citrus fruit). proper diet does miracles and rejuvenates.
Avoid junk food and fast food especially pizza, burgers and excessive sweets
2. Ensure adequate water intake: Recommended intake of water is 2 to 3 litre a day. Insufficient intake of water could be a contributing factor in causation of symptoms.
3. Early morning Exercise: Brisk walking for 30 minutes at a stretch preferably in garden will be very helpful. Walking is the best exercise, it also promotes release of Endorphins( naturally occurring pain killers released in brain) which causes mood elevation and generalised feeling of well being.
There is no need to go to gym r use any expensive workout instruments.
4. Avoid tea/coffee/ nicotine and alcoholic beverages: If at all you want to drink something, drink fresh lime water. It is very much refreshing.
5. Start your day with a glass of Lemon water with 2 spoons of honey added. have a good breakfast.
6. Don't take work so seriously: We all have the feeling to excel in our respective fields and don't spend adequate time with our own self trying to understand our own needs.
Spend time with your family and friends.
7. While working take frequent regular breaks: Taking regular breaks will not waste the time, but it will definitely increase the productivity, concentration and reasoning.
Close your eyes and rotate the eye balls for couple of minutes
8. Avoid late night socialization
9. Avoid starring for longer time at the computer screen or TV for longer time
10. Steam inhalation before going to sleep will be very refreshing
11. Meditation and Yoga
Wishing you a very happy and healthy life
Ironically, I feel better when I talk about my health with others that have similar problems. I try NOT to dominate the conversation but have just enough to relax me.
I believe i best hurry and get to follow this list. I have some people who are depending on my talents as a musician but that requires lifting heavy equipment and thats when I get winded, mostly because I have let the issues fester for a while.
Thanks for follow up.
Connecting with people and finding meaning with your work is one of the best thing you can do to control your stress symptoms and I am glad to know that you posses high skills.
I am sorry to know that the list was too extensive to follow but I like to inform you that it is not a must to do list. Even following some steps can help you tremendously in managing your health.
I also like to state that reducing some amount of your fast foods can have good effect and it does not mean that you need to completely stop them all together. In addition most people need some effort at initiation but over time the steps become part of routine and does not feel like a burden.
I hope this assists you further.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
I think I know the beginning triggers but those are not what is keeping them going so I must unwravel the web that I have made of myself
Keeping a journal of thoughts may help you
Thanks for follow up.
I am glad to know that you are making efforts to follow some of the instructions despite you love for certain foods.
Regarding identifying triggers I hope that keeping a journal can helps you. Write down all the thoughts which crossed your min before onset of anxiety attacks and there is good possibility that after a certain time you will be able to identify trends as well as triggers if any.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.