Can an astigmatism cause blindness?

Dr. Saad Sultan

Posted on Mon, 28 Dec 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have been diagnosis with axis of my left eye will this lead to blindness or what should I expect with my eye sight? thank you
Answered by Dr. Saad Sultan 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
send me the reports and prescription

Detailed Answer:
Welcome at HCM
I have gone through your query and being your physician I completely understand your health concerns...
What is the value of axis ? You should send me the entire prescription and refraction values so that you can be properly counselled.
Normally axis values starts from 0 to 180 degree. And is used in astigmatism ( a condition relating to cornea ). Plz do attach reports and photograph of prescription.
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T