9 year kid, wearing high power glasses. What type of eye exercise or diet will help?

Hi doctors, my daughter is 9 years old. she is wearing glasses from last two years. her power is (cylindrical) -3.25 (right) and -4.50 (left). I am very worried for her. please advise me how her eye sight can be improved, in terms of any particular nutrient or exercises. Dr. says that this is genetic, but me, my husband, even my in-laws and parents don't use specks. what is the meaning of genetic. As she grows old, will it effect her power also. Please doctor guide me how to handle this.
Thanks and Regards
Vineeta Katyal
Thu, 4 Jul 2013