What causes a black spot on the sclera of the right eye?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have a black spot on the Sclera of my Rt eye.
I have had dry eyes, myopia and floaters for sometime.
what is this spot? Should I be concerned? Is there a connection with my other conditions?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
There does not seem to be a connection. Please upload image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to upload an image of the black spot that you mention. Also mention how long you have that spot and whether it is showing any increase in size. Based on your inputs I would be able to suggest if it is something concerning.

I doubt if there is any connection with the other issues mentioned and there does not seem to be an interconnection between them as well. However, since you have floaters, it would be worthwhile to get a thorough ophthalmological evaluation done. I would insist you to visit an eye doctor for the same. He would also be able to do a refraction to check if the eye power is proper.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad