Can Warfarin be taken while on Rabeprazole, Valsartan, Bisoprolol and Simvastatin?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Do rabeprazole,valsartan,bishop roll fumarate, folding xl5mg,simavastin and gaviscon intersect with warfarin?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may want to check blood pressure and pulse rate

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Simvastatin and warfarin interact , they can both increase the levels of each other by affecting metabolism/breakdown in the liver and intestine. This interaction may be minor and insignificant.

Rabeprazole belongs to family of drugs called proton pump inhibitors, warfarin can interact with some drugs in this family though it may not interact specifically with rabeprazole.

Valsartan and bisoprolol both increase serum potassium levels so these levels should be monitored to make sure that they do not climb too high.
They do not interact with warfarin.

They are also no known interactions with gaviscon

If you have a blood pressure monitor then you can consider checking your blood pressure when you do not feel well to see if it is dropping too low.
Also check your pulse rate at that time

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions