Can STD be contracted through non-penetrative sexual activity?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi,

A couple weeks ago I asked a question concerning my risk for STDs because I got a hand job from a stripper. Here, I was assured their is no risk and I should not need testing. I followed up with a local doctor who also said that the risk is extraordinarily low but I should get tested in 2-3 weeks just to make sure.

I have had some tingling near the tip of my penis since then and it doesn't seem associated with urination, it just seems relatively constant. I also noticed a small white bump today right beneath the head (which looks like a small whitehead pimple). Does this sound like a genital wart or something more harmless? Is my contact 2 weeks too soon for something like this to appear? I am slightly worried because of these symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your physical encounter is not a risk for any STD

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern

The kind of sexual contact that you had is not a risk factor(for any STD). Therefore there is no need to get tested or worried about having acquired an STDs due to that.

Regarding tingling, one reason could be that it is due to chemical urethritis. Soap bubbles can get inside urethral lining mucosa through meatus and irritate lining urethral mucosa, which gives rise to tingling and burning sensation. Make sure you do not use soaps etc on delicate genital skin of glans.

The small white bump is unlikely to be a genital wart (genital warts are skin colored growths and do not resemble a white head). This seems most likely either stacked glandular secretions Or a pearly penile papule, which is harmless.

Regarding