Can Methadone be used in place of Gabapentin while suffering from peripheral neuropathy?
As mention below
Welcome to HCM and thanks for the query
I understand your concern ans sorry to hear your problem
Please inform me about the cause of the neuropathy in your case.
You have not responded to the gabapentin.
Full beneficial effect will occur 4-5 week after regular use.
If it will not responds then no need to take.
You can also ask your doctor for medication like
Tricyclic antidepressants (such as amitriptyline) and
Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) such as duloxetine.
You can use methadone after consulting your doctor as it is long acting and usually use for chronic pain.
Hope I have answered your query
If you have further query then I will be happy to help you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Peripheral neuropathies in both legs and arms will methadone help
- Was on methadone for peripheral neuropathy memory fading is normal
- Peripheral neuropathy lumbago
- Peripheral neuropathy and menstruation
- Peripheral neuropathy discharge planning
- Peripheral neuropathy after a vasectomy
- Peripheral neuropathy frontotemporal dementia
- Postpartum peripheral neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy and sneezing
- Peripheral neuropathy psychosomatic
- What causes abdominal pain and nausea after taking bath in chlorine water?
- What causes pain in the sole of the foot?
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motions
- Suggest remedies for saggy skin throughout the body
- Suggest remedies for dark skin
- What do white spots under the cheeks indicate?
- What causes constant stomach pain?
- Suggest treatment for coronary artery disease
- What causes stretching pain in stomach relieved after eating food?
- Does intake of Monocef help in treating typhoid infection?