Can Lucozade energy drink stop menstrual bleeding while on the depo shots?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Can lucozade stop you bleeding while on the depo injection?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depo Injections can reduce or even stop menstrual bleeding, not Lucozade

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
Thanks for consulting at HCM. I have carefully gone through your query, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.

1) As of my information , you are talking about Lucozade energy drink.

2) as such it has no relation or effect per say with menstrual bleeding.

3) In many women , Depo injection of progesterone , can lead to decrease in the amount of bleeding or even cessation of bleeding. And that is absolutely normal.

So if you are experiencing no bleeding, it can be due to Depo injection and not due to LUCOZADE.

I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you great health.
Dr Purushottam S Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee