Can HIV be contracted through protected sex?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Hi Doctor

I had protected sex with a csw two weeks before and in 5 days after the incident i got swollen lymp node in neck from that time I am in deep panic state and anexity of hiv.I cant sleep i am touching my body 5 mins once to check I have fever I am googling so much.Getting up at night panicked.My anexity is killing me please help me.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry there is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history, having protected sexual intercourse , you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV.
Having swollen lymphnode could be caused from other reasons. Please could you explain me if you have other symptoms ?
During this time I suggest to meet a doctor and to do a physical examination, ultrasound of neck, full blood count, Protein C reactive.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sex? 2 hours later
No other symptoms its been 2 weeks I have pus on my right tonsils too i spoke with you already.Is there any medication that will reduce my anexity?

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to meet a psichiatrist to get a medication for anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Please could you explain me that the pus on the tonsils persist even after using antibiotic?
I suggest to meet a psychiatrist to get a medication for anxiety.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sex? 5 hours later
Hi doctor Yes antibiotics didnt work the pus isbstill in my tonsil right tonsil and I got lymp node under my jaw too.

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to do EBV serology.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

In this situation I think you should do a full blood test, protein C reactive, ERS, throat culture and should do EBV serology(IgG IgM) to exclude mononucleosis.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sex? 30 minutes later
but its reduced than last week doctor.I dont have fever or sore throat.I took all the std tests and they also came back negative

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest EBV serology.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

I suggest to do EBV IgM and IgG to exclude mononucleosis.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sex? 10 hours later
Hi Doctor my throat swab result came yesterday.And its shows moderate growth of streptococus group g.Should I take the test still ? And my gp gave me antibiotic penicillin 250 mg and asked me to take twice daily should make it four times a day as the improvement is not much visible?

Brief Answer:
Yes, you can take it.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

You shoyld know that for tonsillitis/ faringitis the recommandations are: penicilin 250 mg orally 4 times a day or 500 mg orally twice a day for 10 days.
But, in your case the doctor has prescribe this dosage because of the moderate growth of strep.
Yes ,I think you can take it 4 times a day after speaking with your doctor.
I suggest that you should exclude a mononucleosis as well.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.