Can Effexor be taken instead of Wellbutrin without any side effects?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
Abruptly stopping Effexor will almost certainly give you withdrawal. SSRI/SNRI withdrawal can be unpleasant and include flu-like symptoms, malaise, "brain zaps," and blood pressure changes.
I recommend you slowly wean off the Effexor while also slowly increasing the dose of Wellbutrin. Going up to fast on the Wellbutrin dose can cause anxiety and GI upset. A slow process is much more tolerable. Speak with your prescribing doctor about this.
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Wellbutrin sexual side effects
- Wellbutrin side effects libido
- Wellbutrin side effects tremors
- Wellbutrin side effects in teens
- Wellbutrin serious side effects
- Side effects of wellbutrin
- Prozac and wellbutrin side effects
- Is fever with or without chills a side effect of effexor xr?
- Wellbutrin anxiety side effect
- Wellbutrin xl side effects