Can Aspirin be taken for high blood pressure?
Use anti hypertensive, instead of aspirin and withhold levofloxacine
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns.
Levofloxacine is not known to cause hypertensive crisis directly though any allergic reaction to any antibiotic or anaphylaxis may trigger blood pressure at start. Only cardiac known side effects whig have been observed are related to heart rythm abnormalities which doesn't seem to be the case with you. Still you may stop levofloxacine and use alternatives like macrolides specifically mentioning azithromycin.
Meanwhile keep observing the blood pressure. If you get another such reading start an anti hypertensive for regular usage and you may start with a calcium channel blocker like amlodipine or ARB like losartan after discussing with your GP.
Hoping you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask else kindly close the discussion. You can also reach me directly through my profile in future, in case of any more questions, Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Combiflam and high blood pressure
- Should envas be taken for high blood pressure
- Which medicine should be taken for high blood pressure
- Gastritis and high blood pressure
- High blood pressure restless night taken lexotan
- Whiskey and high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and the shakes
- Rum and the high blood pressure
- Is aspirin bad for high blood pressure
- Is daily aspirin good for those with high blood pressure