Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

CABG surgery permormed for abnormal LCA. Severe back and abdomen ache. ECG,blood tests normal. What can be the cause of bodyache?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10359 Questions
My Wife(29 yrs old) had a CABG surgery 2 years back and she is quite fine now. The CABG was performaed to remove the abnormality of LCA which was originated from right and passing between Aorta and Pulmonary artery. Also it was narrow at the origin. However now a days once/twice a month for 1/2 days she experience severe body ache. Especially in back and abdomen.

During pain we conducted ECG, blood test which found to be normal.

Can you please advise what could be the cause of this?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 30 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Generalized body ache specially in back and abdomen at her age are commonly seen due to Vitamin D3 deficiency, calcium or magnesium deficiency.
Other causes may include-
1. Generalized viral illness.
2. Improper diet.
3. Abnormal body posture, muscle overuse.
4. Electrolyte imbalance.
5. Hormonal disbalance like hypothyroidism.
5. Anxiety neurosis.
These symptoms are not likely to be related to the CABG she had 2 years ago.
All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests.
Till the time she gets herself evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the other lifestyle options which she can follow:

1) She can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced diet will be helpful.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm the mind.

4) She can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: CABG surgery permormed for abnormal LCA. Severe back and abdomen ache. ECG,blood tests normal. What can be the cause of bodyache? 22 minutes later
Thanks XXXXXXX Do you suggest any specific blood test which can take us to the root cause fast. Also whom should we visit...a phyician or orthope..?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Visiting a physician will be helpful who will order the blood tests like serum calcium, vitamin D3 and thyroid hormone tests after an examination. The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor